Thursday, May 5, 2011

To Whom It May Concern

Within the last 48 hours, our page on Facebook has spiked a whopping 30 new followers! This is a God thing, in total and utter entirety. And I think it no coincidence that the Beatification of Pope John Paul II in the Catholic Church, a man whose heart and mind was devoted to helping those in need in all ways he could. Beatification is one of the first steps to Sainthood. Who knows what this could mean!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it truly is a hard thing to believe that a mere whim of my own creation, with the support of a few friends and family members, has blossomed and developed into something as great as this; a ministry that now has approximately 80 combined followers on Facebook and Blogger, not counting those of you generous enough to follow on both. We are speaking for the silent. We have two graduates from our orphans page in a mere four months after launching the website! And a LOT more on their way home. To say the least, I think continuing to "Wait and See" will show us "He's not finished with us yet" (Brandon Heath fans, catch the reference? ;) )

Below I have done an open letter, not only to the followers who have joined in the last 48 hours, but those of you have been here from our 1st post on Blogger and/or Facebook to now.

To all the near and dear followers of Speaking for the Silent, and any other individuals who it may concern,

                        As many of you have seen in the last two days, we have reached a higher and more substantial number than before. We spiked from 41 to 71 in 48 hours. I truly believe this is a miracle, and moreover, a ray of God's light and love shining down on this ministry.

                        For many of you who have joined the site recently, you may not know who we are or where we've come from, aside from the fact we are an orphan ministry trying to do all we can to help those we feel the Lord has put on our hearts. Proverbs 31:8 says "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves." I could go on and quote every verse in the bible that references Orphan Care, and we'd be here for decades. There are certainly a lot! But that one verse says it best for me personally, along with James 1:27, which states "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." This really could summarize my life, as I am one part advocator, one one part culture warrior for God's glory. Those two verses state it plain and simple: orphan ministry is worth it, and its one of the things that God is closest to. I always knew this in my head, but it took a trip to Ukraine, a trip to an orphanage for a little girl my family would bring home. There I was constantly greeted by the sight of these little children, remaining so happy while they had nothing and faced a future of nothingness. And that was when not only those verses, but the story of Jesus telling his Apostles they needed to be like children to enter the kingdom of heaven, really clicked. I got it. I knew I wanted to do something to help, no matter how feeble or insignificant the attempt was, I had to try. So me, my siblings, and our friend Tori Hook got together and started this all up.


                 A couple of times today, I've checked back on this blog just to look at the numbers. It awes me to the core. I am so thankful for each and every one of you, who has spread the word and Spoken for the Silent to, through prayer, word of mouth, or suggesting the page. But please don't let our friendship end with the Like button! please continue to look back, pray for the kids, and donate whatever, whenever you can.


                 Thank you again for your support. We are all greatly appreciative of you and hope that you too, will Speak for the Silent

                 With all our love, thanks, and blessings, both from us and our LORD Jesus Christ, we thank you
                    Sincerely,
                      The Speaking for the Silent Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment